file - 06/28/2023
AAMVA’s awards program fosters a tradition of excellence in the motor vehicle and law enforcement community by honoring individuals, teams, and organizations who have committed their time and resources to safety and security initiatives, outstanding customer service, and public affairs and consumer educational programs throughout North America. Each year, AAMVA receives numerous outstanding submissions in each category and through a rigorous judging process selects those that are exemplary. Awards are presented at our Regional Conferences and at our Annual International Conference.
Check out our 2023 winners by browsing through the various awards categories.
Toggle through the photos of our 2023 Awards Program winners to the right.
Thank you to all our 2023 Awards Program judges, without whom the program would not be possible
Eligibility for awards:
- Open to all AAMVA jurisdiction members in good standing (except for the NMVTIS Enforcement Award, which is open to anyone)
- With the exception of the Lifetime Achievement in Highway Safety Awards, the content of the submissions must have been completed during AAMVA’s previous full fiscal year. For example, submissions for 2024 awards must have been conducted, produced, implemented, and/or developed in FY23 (between October 1, 2022, and September 30, 2023).
- If an entry won an award in a previous year, it cannot be resubmitted unless it has substantive upgrades or developments from the original submission.
- You may submit only one submission per agency for each award but there is no restriction on the total number of submissions.
Updates and improvements include:
- The Fraud Prevention and Detection: NMVTIS Enforcement Award is now open to everyone - AAMVA members and non-members.
- The Fraud Prevention and Detection Awards for Law Enforcement Agency and Motor Vehicle Agency are now combined into one agency award and awarded only at the International level.
- The Fraud Prevention and Detection Awards for Law Enforcement Individual and Motor Vehicle Individual are now combined into one individual award (Fraud Investigations Individual) and are awarded at the Regional and International levels.
The awards submissions portal is now closed.
|October 3, 2023||Submission portal opens|
|November 17, 2023||Submission deadline for all awards|
|December 2023 - January 2024||Internal review of submissions|
|January 2024||Judges assigned|
|February 2024 - March 2024||Submissions judged|
|April 2024||Notify winners and non-winners|
|May 21-23, 2024||Region 1 winners awarded at 2024 Region 1 Conference|
|June 25-27, 2024||Region 2 winners awarded at 2024 Region 2 Conference|
|July 23-25, 2024||Region 4 winners awarded at 2024 Region 4 Conference|
|September 24-26, 2024||International winners awarded at 2024 Annual International Conference|
|October 28-29, 2024||Region 3 winners awarded at 2024 Region 3 Conference|
To view a comprehensive list of previous winners, please view the programs below.