file - 10/27/2022
AAMVA’s awards program fosters a tradition of excellence in the motor vehicle and law enforcement community by honoring individuals, teams, and organizations who have committed their time and resources to safety and security initiatives, outstanding customer service, and public affairs and consumer educational programs throughout North America. Each year, AAMVA receives numerous outstanding submissions in each category and through a rigorous judging process selects those that are exemplary. Awards are presented at our Regional Conferences and at our Annual International Conference.
Toggle through the photos of our 2022 Awards Program winners to the right.
Eligibility for awards:
- Open to all AAMVA jurisdiction members in good standing
- With the exception of the Lifetime Achievement in Highway Safety Awards, the content of the submissions must have been completed during AAMVA’s previous full fiscal year. For example, submissions for 2023 awards must have been conducted, produced, implemented, and/or developed in FY22 (between October 1, 2021, and September 30, 2022).
- If an entry won an award in a previous year, it cannot be resubmitted unless it has substantive upgrades or developments from the original submission.
The AAMVA Awards Program recently underwent some changes to expand participation, streamline the awards, and bring consistency across all awards. Specific changes include:
- Security Awards are now called Fraud Awards
- Public Affairs and Consumer Education (PACE) Awards have been expanded to 10 awards and are now called Communications Awards
- Communications Awards no longer have categories under divisions and will include awards at the regional level
- **NEW** Customer Service Award (under Service Awards) for contact center/frontline employee
- One submission per agency for each award but no restriction on the total number of submissions
If you are an AAMVA jurisdiction member and would like to submit entries for consideration, please log into your My AAMVA account and click on Manage My Awards.
For step-by-step instructions on how to use our submission portal, please review this guide.
December 16, 2022
|All submissions due in online portal|
|January 2023||Internal review of all submissions|
|January 2023||Awards judges recruited|
|February 2023||Awards submissions are judged|
|April 2023||Winners and nonwinners are notified|
|May - November 2023||Awards presentations at regional conferences and AIC|
To view a comprehensive list of previous winners, please view the programs below.
For questions or more information about our awards program, please contact us and select Awards Program from the drop-down menu of subjects.