AAMVA asks that federal agencies use the following procedures, pending implementation of an e titling solution, when transferring federally owned vehicles:
- A transfer of ownership should be executed on a single uniform document, utilizing secure paper and containing: security features, a control number, and an odometer disclosure statement.
- The information required on the ownership document should be typewritten.
- There should be a limited number of persons authorized to sign the transfer ownership document.
- The ownership document should be completed in full and contain accurate vehicle information.
- A procedure should be developed for issuing a duplicate ownership document when the original has been lost or stolen.