NMVTIS for Junk, Salvage & Insurance Entities

The Anti Car Theft Act requires junk and salvage yards, auto recyclers, and insurance companies to report (at least monthly) vehicles deemed junk, salvage, or total loss to NMVTIS since March 31, 2009. Any business or individual handling five or more junk, salvage, or insurance (total loss) vehicles annually must submit the required reports to NMVTIS through a third-party reporting service. Reporting can be as frequent as desired but not less frequent than monthly. The U.S. Department of Justice encourages submission of information to NMVTIS as soon as possible to prevent fraud and theft and to protect consumers. If you have questions regarding the reporting requirements please email the Bureau of Justice Assistance.

Single VIN Reporting Service (SVRS)

AAMVA offers a direct reporting service for entities that are required to report junk/salvage or total loss vehicles. Users can submit the single VIN record information that is required under the NMVTIS regulation directly to NMVTIS at no charge. Please see our Terms and Conditions of Use.

Watch this video for how to obtain a reporting ID number and how to report junk, salvage, and total loss vehicles to NMVTIS.

You can check the reporting status for auto recyclers, junk and salvage, and insurance carriers here. For additional questions, see our FAQs.

To log in or register for the Single VIN Reporting Service (SVRS), click here. You will need a web browser. SVRS requires Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10.0-11.0. The service also supports Firefox and Google Chrome. 

For questions about the Single VIN Reporting Service, please contact Single VIN Reporting Service.